Pages

Friday 8 July 2016

Activity 1: Milo of Croton - Greece Winner (Olympia)

Walt: Write a blog post about the famous Wrestling winner "Milo of Croton" and write down 3 interesting facts about "Milo Croton.

Back in Greece, there was a man and his name was "Milo Croton" and he was a 6th Century BC Wrestler from the Magna Graecian city of Groton, who enjoyed a brilliant Wrestling career and won many Victories in the most important athletic festivals of Ancient Greece. Back in those days, whoever wins gets a little leaf put into their hands and they get to wear it so that people know that the winner has been crowned. Milo Croton was the subject of fantastic tales of strength and power, some, perhaps, based upon misinterpretations of his statues. Among other tales, he was said to have carried a bull on his shoulders and to have burst a band about his brow by simply inflating the veins of his temples.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Roimata!

    Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey programme. I am so happy to see that you have joined us this holiday. I am also so pleased to see that you have completed so many of the activities already. Well done!

    I am particularly interested to read that Milo of Croton once carried a bull on his shoulders. I had never read that fact before and I am so glad that you shared it. I think that it's quite an amazing thing to do. Do you?

    The heaviest thing that I have ever carried on my shoulders was my son but he was just a little boy at that time so he didn't weigh much at all!

    I hope that you are enjoying the learning journey and that you continue to create and share such interesting posts!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete